If you’re looking for a variety of healthy options instead of the same typical health foods that seem to have no taste or appeal, we’ve got you covered!
Hello ÒRÉ Seasonal Contributor, Asra Mir, was first to shine light on the power of sweet potato patties. Here’s a quick lunch fix that will not only fill your rumbling tummy, but is a healthy alternative that happens to be super quick and easy to prepare.
Sweet Potato and Tuna Patties
Sweet Potato Tuna Patties
- 2 medium sweet potatoes — peeled and sliced into chunks
- 2 can (180tuna in water drained and flaked
- ½ cup green onions
- ½ cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup red onions
- 1/2 cup yellow pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon chili pepper
- Salt and pepper for taste
- Olive oil cooking spray
- In a medium pan, bring water to a boil and add sweet potatoes.
- Cook them for about 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and run them under cold running water. Transfer to a large bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add the tuna, green onions, breadcrumbs, eggs, red onions, yellow pepper, garlic powder, chili pepper, salt, and pepper. Mix well until all ingredients are combined.
- Use your hand to shape mixture portions into patties.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat and add cooking spray.
- Cook patties for 3 minutes on both sides or until golden brown.