Eating healthy is not always easy when you are craving something sweet.
Bad enough if you’re into baking and only want to indulge in some home-made chocolatey goodness that’ll only leave you steps behind of the fitness journey you’ve started… Worst still if you make a detour from work to grab a box full of sweet-somethings that will only eat away at your sculpturing waistline.
BUT never fear! There are many ways to eat your favourite sweet dishes without feeling guilty. These days, with a little search around, you can always find healthy alternatives to the things you crave the most.
If you are a fan of bananas, you’re in luck – banana muffins all my all-time favourite.
The best thing about my quick and easy recipe is that it does not contain a single drop of flour. So enjoy a muffin or two – or even three – without worrying about adding unwanted weight on.
Generally speaking, banana muffins are pretty simple to make and the varieties are endless. Swipe right for another healthy banana muffin recipe!
Flourless Banana Muffins
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25-30 minutes
4 tbs milled flaxseed
1 tbs vanilla extract
½ tbs cinnamon
2 Ripe bananas
- Place all of the ingredients together and blend in a blender.
If you don’t own a blender you can:
- Place the eggs, vanilla extract and cinnamon together and whisk until it is ready.
- Add the flaxseed and whisk again until it is absorbed into the egg mixture.
- In a separate bowl, peel and slice the bananas and whisk them until smooth and creamy.
- Add the egg mixture into the banana mixture and mix well until all the ingredients are combined.
- Spray a muffin tray with coconut oil.
- Distribute the mixture evenly in the tray and bake at 190 C for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Once cooked, leave to cool and drizzle with a bit of honey when ready to eat.
Note: Alternatively, you can try Cookie & Kate’s Healthy Banana Muffins with wholemeal flour.