Thankful for the long Easter weekend.
Thankful for family, friends and love.
Thankful for the faith and hope that comes from the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Thankful, even though the Met has predicted rain in the South of England this weekend.
They say some of the best kitchen creations are discovered in the rain – you know, when you had plans to be elsewhere but find yourself indoors instead so you decide to be as adventurous as possible with a whisk and a frying pan.
Or maybe that’s just me.
So here are four simple, fun and perhaps new recipes to learn and share with loved ones over the Easter weekend!
- 1 large green plantain (preferably green)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- approximately 1/4-1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Garlic Avocado Dipping Sauce
- 1 avocado
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- juice from 1 lime
- a couple tablespoons to 1/4 cup water, you may need more
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- 2 ripe bananas
- ¾ cup oats
- 1 ⅔ cup spelt flour
- ½ cup cashew nut or walnut, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅛ cup agave syrup or honey
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
A handful of Pumpkin seeds and sesame seeds to top
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup sour cream (or milk, or heavy cream)
- ½ cup shredded cheese (you can use any type, I used cheddar and mozzarella)
- diced veggies (I used a mixture of bell peppers and onions)
- 1 extra large tortilla or 4 small
- salt and pepper to taste