Are you trying to lose weight but want to try different healthy options instead of the same boring foods you eat day in and day out?
I for one am not keen on eating just a plain salad for lunch or even dinner. I like to add a little bit of colour to my plate. I am keen on mouth watering flavours when it comes to food.
In this week’s health-foods feature, I will share a basic recipe that will not only fill your rumbling tummy, but is also quick and easy to prepare.
Sweet Potato and Tuna Patties
Preparation Time: 15 – 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 2 – 3 minutes
2 tbsp coriander leaves
½ cup diced red onion
1 medium sweet potato
1 can of tuna chunks
1 tsp minced garlic
2 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp pepper
½ tsp salt
- Peel the sweet potato and slice into 4 – 5 equal slices.
- Boil the sweet potato slices together for approximately 10 – 15 minutes until tender.
- Whilst the sweet potato slices are boiling, open the can of tuna and drain the water.
- Add the drained tuna chunks to a bowl along with garlic, diced onions, salt and pepper.
- By now the sweet potato slices should have softened. Add them to the tuna mixture and combine them together.
- Now form the patties. (This recipe can make up to three patties, but depending on how big or small you want them you can make less or more depending on your choice).
- Heat a non stick pan and add the olive oil.
- Cook the patties for about 1 minute and a half on each side.
- Garnish with coriander to give them a finishing look.
You can eat these delicious patties with a salad, roasted or steamed vegetables or even with brown rice. There are so many options to choose from to make your meals more exciting and enjoyable to eat.